Adams Sports Medicine MiSCA Coaches Race
STONY CREEK METROPARK
The annual tradition of the MiSCA coaches race returns to Stony Creek! Join us for a not-so-serious race that allows the riders you’ve been encouraging all season to cheer you on! Coaches will do 1 lap of the beginner course, starting with a bit of controlled chaos to be determined by the race staff. We anticipate it being a bit dark when we finish, so all coaches must have a front light!
ONLY REGISTERED MISCA COACHES WITH LEVEL 1 COMPLIANCE OR GREATER MAY PARTICIPATE IN THIS EVENT!
This race will occur at dusk, BRING LIGHTS!!!!
A front light is required for this race.
New for this year, we have an overall costume theme – SATURDAY MORNING CARTOONS! Dress up as your favorite cartoon character from your childhood. Get into it – pick a team theme and wrangle as many of your fellow coaches as possible!
STAGING AND JUDGING WILL START AT 6:15 PM, RACE START AT 6:30 PM.
Lots of award categories!
- Fastest Female Coach 🚵♀️
- Fastest Male Coach 🚵♂️
- Most ON THEME Team Costume 👯
- Best Spectators 🥳
- Worst costume to ride a bike in 🤢
- Best Team Coach Participation 📈 (% of team coaches participating)
- Most Unique Bike 🚲 (doesn’t have to be expensive, just “unique”)
- Speedy Sloth Award 🦥 (not trying to break any bones, just want to finish)
Bring your coach plate to the info tent ASAP to get your timing chip.
- Registration closes on Sunday, October 8 at 11:59 pm.
- You must be a registered MiSCA coach to participate (WITH LEVEL 1 COMPLIANCE OR GREATER).
- No day-of registration will be honored
- Park Fees: $10 Daily or Huron-Clinton Metroparks Annual Vehicle Pass
- Driving Directions: [GOOGLE]
- Driving Directions take you to 1588 E Snell Rd, Rochester – this is where the event will be staged
- You’ll enter the park via the park entrance located at 4300 Main Park Road, Shelby Township
BEGINNER COURSE (3.6 miles)
- FEMALE COACHES: 1 Lap (3.6 miles)
- MALE COACHES: 1 Lap (3.6 miles)
RIDERS MUST REPORT TO STAGING AT THE ASSIGNED TIMES BELOW
|Male Coaches||6:15 PM||7:15 PM|
|Female Coaches||6:15 PM||7:15 PM|
Trail Maintained by Clinton River Area Mountain Biking Association (CRAMBA) cramba.org