Coaching Clinic: Intermediate MTB Skills
Cost: Included with MiSCA coach registration (in-person)
Deposit: $25 (refunded upon successful completion, space is limited – no refunds for missed clinics)
Time: Approximately 4 Hours
Prerequisite: Essential MTB Skills
This clinic will take place on private property. The address will be provided in your confirmation email.
During rides with student-athletes, coaches have the unique opportunity to reinforce good riding habits and techniques. The Michigan Scholastic Cycling Association offers three levels of skills instruction for coaches. At this second level, we will expand upon the essential skills previously taught and provide a framework to teach the next progression of mountain bike skills.
The skill descriptions and teaching points covered in this course will introduce you to the common language and terminology used to instruct team members.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS IS REQUIRED PRIOR TO TAKING INTERMEDIATE SKILLS
- Coaches will be able to set up a skills instruction session
- Coaches will be able to teach and demonstrate the Intermediate Skills
- Coaches will be able to detect rider errors and provide appropriate corrections
- Body position progression
- Body and foot wedging
- Braking progressions
- Intermediate cornering
- Straight-line riding
- Rock dodge/tight turns
- Elbow bumping/close proximity riding
- Sprinting/standing starts
- Switchback turns
- Level Lifts
- Front and rear wheel lifts
- Roll downs
Upon course completion, submit your certificate in the Coach Requirement Submissions page in CCN.