MiSCA Clubs & Teams
You’ll love joining a team!
- You will quickly realize that there are no benchwarmers.
- You will be provided with the coaching and camaraderie that will help you achieve both competitive and non-competitive cycling goals in a safe and enjoyable manner.
- You will learn about fitness and nutrition. You will learn that having an Egg McMuffin before a big race is probably not a good idea. You will learn that fluids are your friend and that you truly are what you eat.
- You will realize that what used to be very difficult and exhausting becomes much easier with practice and conditioning.
- You will learn about clothing and gear that make the sport much more enjoyable.
- You will become knowledgeable in the areas of bike maintenance and repair. Fixing a chain and changing a flat will become second nature.
- You will learn how to fall and laugh about it later.
- You will grow to love your helmet.
- You will learn to respect nature and the outstanding trails that we are blessed to have almost in our backyards.
- You will gain new friendships and find role models. You will become a role model for others and will suddenly realize that you do indeed have self-esteem.
- You will learn how to safely maneuver challenging terrain and will also learn to push your limits.
- You will find cycling to be a lifelong sport.
- You will regret not joining a team sooner.
How do I join a club/team?
STEP 1: CONTACT THE TEAM MANAGER – find the group on the map and click on the point to see the contact information (or use this Google Sheet). Each team has a different process for joining their club and it may require additional forms and fees.
CLUB / TEAM CONTACT INFORMATION
STEP 2: REGISTER WITH MISCA – starting March 1st, adults can visit our registration portal to register children as riders and adults as coaches. Some teams will require a participation code or have different registration timelines – reach out to the team manager/head coach if your team registration is closed. If there is no team in your area, you are welcome to register as an Independent rider. Reach out to MiSCA with questions or to change your team after you already registered. email@example.com
Official Scholastic Teams/Clubs
Comprised of full-time students from the same school; public or private. Student eligibility to race on a scholastic team will be determined by the school they are racing for. If a student is eligible for a school’s JV or Varsity sport, they should be eligible for a MiSCA Scholastic team. Some scholastic teams allow out-of-district riders to join their team for practices but will not count toward team points during races.
Official Composite Teams/Clubs
Comprised of students from more than one school, including students that are home-schooled. Most composite teams are formed by bike shops and youth organizations.
- Black Swamp Riders (Toledo, OH)
- Brandon Youth Mountain Bike Club
- Heritage Jackrabbits Cycling Club (Adrian)
- Lansing Kids MTB Team
- Main Street Bicycle Co (Zeeland)
- Midland Mountain Bike Crew
- Norte (Traverse City)
- Northeast Indiana Trailblazers (Fort Wayne, IN)
- Orange Krush Cycling Club – Junior Race Team (Waterford)
- RARA – Rochester Area Youth Cycling (graces 8 and under)
- Rochester Mountain Bike Team (grades 9-12)
- South Lyon Youth Cycling
- Southwest Michigan Dirt Rippers (St. Joseph)
- Southwest Michigan ThunderCats (Kalamazoo)
- West Michigan Coyotes (Grand Rapids)
- Wheels In Motion (Ann Arbor)
Non-MiSCA or Inactive Teams/Clubs
The organizations listed below are unaffiliated with MiSCA but may offer youth programming or group rides in your area.
- 906 Adventure Team (Delta, Gogebic, Lansing, Marquette, Midland, +more)
- Brother Rice
- Chelsea Youth Mountain Bike Club
- Cranbrook Schools
- CycleFit Sports / Greater Flint Athletic Club (GFAC)
- Detroit Catholic Central / St. Catherine Academy
- Detroit City Mountain Bike Club
- Flying Rhino MTB & Cycling Club (Clarkston)
- Goodrich High School
- Grand Rapids Dirt Dawgs
- Holton Middle School
- Kinawa School / Chippewa School (Okemos)
- Monroe Cycling Club
- Pierce Middle School (Waterford)
- Portage Central Middle School
- Portland Middle School
- Saline Area Schools
- Sandusky Jr/Sr High School
- Tri County Cyclists Scholastic Team (Lansing)
- Velo City Cycles (Holland)