MiSCA Merrell Trail MTB Race
October 11 @ 8:00 am - 6:00 pm$15 – $25
Race #5 of the D&D Bicycles 2020 MiSCA Race Series.
MERRELL TRAIL | ROCKFORD, MI
Merrell is another returning trail for 2020! A machine-built trail that was built specifically with mountain bikers in mind, this trail flows and takes you for a fun ride, while still introducing some technical challenges in the form of roots and rocks. Merrell alternates direction depending on the day, so please plan your pre-rides accordingly. Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Friday follow red Arrows in a counter clockwise direction. Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays follow yellow arrows in a clockwise direction. Parking and main staging area will be out of the Art Van Sports complex off of Ten Mile Rd in Rockford.
CAMPING: While camping is not available at the sports complex, Wabasis Lake Campground is located 15 miles east of the Merrell Trail. Reserve online at https://web1.vermontsystems.com/wbwsc/mikentctywt.wsc/search.html?module=RN&display=graphical
These are student-only races for Elementary, Middle, and High School-ages. No team, no problem – students can participate as individuals. To be eligible to race, students must be registered in SportsSignUp Play. Additionally, the rider will register for the races they plan to participate in.
- Please apply for financial assistance if price is a concern miscabike.org/scholarship
- Facebook Event: facebook.com/events/2442971902638205/
- Registration Website: https://www.miscabike.org/register (create your account now, registration opens March 1)
- Parking and event staging will occur at Premier Park and Art Van Sports Complex. Entry to park at the Sports Complex is $5 per car.
- Driving Directions: [GOOGLE]
MiSCA Merrell Trail
Download the course map: drive.google.com/a/miscabike.org/file/d/0B15l4iew29XJTFR5YkE3WjdGU18xWDdpVUlyS3pHTmV4cGZj/view?usp=drivesdk
Start Times TBD – likely between 9am and 12pm[GPX – course updated 9/26/2019]
- VARSITY: 3 Advanced Laps (13.2 miles)
- JUNIOR VARSITY: 2 Advanced Laps (8.8 miles)
- ADVANCED MIDDLE SCHOOL: 2 Advanced Laps (8.8 miles)
Start Times TBD – likely between 11am and 2pm[GPX]
- NOVICE: 2 Intermediate Laps (6.6 miles)
- MIDDLE SCHOOL: 2 Intermediate Laps (6.6 miles)
Start Times TBD – likely between 2pm and 4pm[GPX]
- UPPER ELEMENTARY: 3 Beginner Laps (4.8 miles)
- LOWER ELEMENTARY: 2 Beginner Laps (3.2 miles)
Trail maintained by West Michigan Mountain Biking Alliance (WMMBA) wmmba.org