MiSCA Merrell Trail MTB XC Race (2020)
October 11 @ 8:30 am - 3:00 pm$15 – $40
Race #5 of the D&D Bicycles 2020 MiSCA Race Series.
Merrell Trail is one of the crown jewels of the Grand Rapids area. A machine-built trail that was built specifically with mountain bikers in mind, this trail flows and takes you for a fun ride, while still introducing some technical challenges in the form of roots and rocks. Merrell alternates direction depending on the day, so please plan your pre-rides accordingly. Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday follow red Arrows in a counterclockwise direction. Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturdays follow yellow arrows in a clockwise direction. Parking and main staging area will be out of Premier Park and Art Van Sports Complex off of Ten Mile Rd in Rockford. Modern restrooms will be available.
These are student-only races for Elementary, Middle, and High School-ages. No team, no problem – students can participate as individuals. To be eligible to race, students must be registered in SportsSignUp Play. Additionally, the rider will register for the races they plan to participate in.
- Please apply for financial assistance if price is a concern miscabike.org/scholarship
- Facebook Event: facebook.com/events/2442971902638205/
- Registration Website: https://www.miscabike.org/register (create your account now, registration opens March 1)
- Parking and event staging will occur at Premier Park and Art Van Sports Complex. Entry to park at the Sports Complex is $5 per car.
- Driving Directions: [GOOGLE]
- CAMPING: While camping is not available at the sports complex, Wabasis Lake Campground is located 15 miles east of the Merrell Trail. Reserve online at web1.vermontsystems.com/wbwsc/mikentctywt.wsc/search.html?module=RN&display=graphical
Course and event details coming soon!
Trail maintained by West Michigan Mountain Biking Alliance (WMMBA) wmmba.org