Newton Timing | MiSCA Bloomer Park MTB Race
October 18 @ 8:00 am - 6:00 pm$15 – $25
Race #6 of the D&D Bicycles 2020 MiSCA Race Series.
BLOOMER PARK | ROCHESTER HILLS, MI
MiSCA returns to Bloomer Park, home to Michigan’s only outdoor velodrome, for our final race of the series. Our most technical course of the series, this will be a true test for our state championship! Bloomer’s trails have a great mix of fast and flowy combined with technical features and tough climbs to keep riders on their toes. Modern restrooms, playgrounds, and pavilion space will be available.
CAMPING: While individual campsites are not located within Bloomer Park, the closest nearby campground is Addison Oaks, which is 12 miles north of the park. Reserve online at https://www.oakgov.com/parks/parksandtrails/Addison-Oaks/Pages/Camping-Fees.aspx
These are student-only races for Elementary, Middle, and High School-ages. No team, no problem – students can participate as individuals. To be eligible to race, students must be registered in SportsSignUp Play. Additionally, the rider will register for the races they plan to participate in.
- Please apply for financial assistance if price is a concern miscabike.org/scholarship
- Facebook Event: facebook.com/events/595343091278883/
- Registration Website: https://www.miscabike.org/register (create your account now, registration opens March 1)
- Get driving directions to Bloomer Park: goo.gl/maps/xt6G5t79sm82
- Park entry is available Saturday for free and Sunday at $5 per car.
MiSCA Bloomer Park race HQ and Start/Finish will be located in the cricket field. (see map below for more detail)
Downloadable course map: [PDF]
Start Times TBD – likely between 9am and 12pm[GPX]
- VARSITY: 4 Advanced Laps (15 miles)
- JUNIOR VARSITY: 3 Advanced Laps (11.25 miles)
- ADVANCED MIDDLE SCHOOL: 3 Advanced Laps (11.25 miles)
Start Times TBD – likely between 11am and 2pm[GPX]
- NOVICE: 3 Beginner Laps (9 miles)
- MIDDLE SCHOOL: 3 Beginner Laps (9 miles)
Start Times TBD – likely between 2pm and 4pm[GPX]
- UPPER ELEMENTARY: 2 Beginner Laps (6 miles)
- LOWER ELEMENTARY: 1 Beginner Lap (3 miles)
Trail maintained by Clinton River Area Mountain Biking Association (CRAMBA) cramba.org