- This event has passed.
MiSCA Fort Custer MTB XC Race (2019)
September 8, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 3:00 pm$15 – $35
Race #2 of the D&D Bicycles 2019 MiSCA Race Series.
MiSCA is happy to return to Fort Custer in 2019! The trails at Fort Custer are unique and fun for all abilities. The area was originally farmland until the government began using it as an army training center during WWII. Some sections of trail traverse interesting historical features that are still visible today. There is plenty of room for staging and spectating. Modern restrooms and changing rooms are on-site. This trail changes directions dependent on the day of the week. The Saturday direction will be different from the direction on race day. Staging area will be in the Eagle Lake day use area, so plan for a post-ride swim if the temperatures allow!
These are student-only races for Elementary, Middle, and High School-ages. No team, no problem – students can participate as individuals. To be eligible to race, students must be registered in Sports Illustrated Play. Additionally, the rider will register for the races they plan to participate in (additional cost).
- Please apply for financial assistance if price is a concern miscabike.org/scholarship
- Facebook Event: facebook.com/events/1939697969666366/
- Registration Website: miscabike.org/register (create your account now, registration opens March 1)
- Fort Custer is a state recreation area and requires a Recreation Passport for entry. Recreation Passports are typically purchased for $11 from Secretary of State (SOS) during your license plate renewal. They can be purchased outside the annual plate renewal for $16 at state parks, DNR customer service centers or via the SOS.
- Race HQ and Start/Finish will be located near the Prairie View and Hill Top shelters at Eagle Lake.
- Driving directions: https://goo.gl/maps/ZhaTHZ6ApZz
- Camping is available within the state park, call or go online to reserve. (269) 731-4200 midnrreservations.com/home
MiSCA Fort Custer
Download the course map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KYjJNzjiOh05rFC1h34QGUyeOXVpuwDV
10:00am Start [GPX]
- VARSITY: 3 Advanced Laps (18 miles total)
- JUNIOR VARSITY: 2 Advanced Laps (12 miles total)
- ADVANCED MIDDLE SCHOOL: 2 Advanced Laps (12 miles total)
11:30am Start [GPX]
- NOVICE: 2 Intermediate Laps (10 miles total)
- MIDDLE SCHOOL: 2 Intermediate Laps (10 miles total)
12:30pm Start [GPX]
- UPPER ELEMENTARY: 2 Beginner Laps (8 miles)
- LOWER ELEMENTARY: 1 Beginner Lap (4 miles)
- TRY IT (ALL AGES): 1 Beginner Lap (4 miles)
Trail maintained by Southwest Michigan Mountain Biking Association (SWMMBA) swmmba.com