- This event has passed.
Newton Timing | MiSCA Bloomer Park MTB XC Race (2019)
October 13, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 3:00 pm$15 – $35
Race #6 of the D&D Bicycles 2019 MiSCA Race Series.
MiSCA returns to Bloomer Park, home to Michigan’s only outdoor velodrome, for our final race of the series. Our most technical course of the series, this will be a true test for our state championship! Bloomer’s trails have a great mix of fast and flowy combined with technical features and tough climbs to keep riders on their toes. Modern restrooms, playgrounds, and pavilion space will be available.
These are student-only races for Elementary, Middle, and High School-ages. No team, no problem – students can participate as individuals.To be eligible to race, students must be registered in Sports Illustrated Play. Additionally, the rider will register for the races they plan to participate in.
- Please apply for financial assistance if price is a concern miscabike.org/scholarship
- Facebook Event: facebook.com/events/366879890536141/
- Registration Website: miscabike.org/register (create your account now, registration opens March 1)
- Get driving directions to Bloomer Park: goo.gl/maps/xt6G5t79sm82
- Park entry is available Saturday for free and Sunday at $5 per car.
- CAMPING: While individual campsites are not located within Bloomer Park, the closest nearby campground is Addison Oaks, which is 12 miles north of the park. Reserve online at oakgov.com/parks/parksandtrails/Addison-Oaks/Pages/Camping-Fees.aspx
MiSCA Bloomer Park race HQ and Start/Finish will be located in the cricket field. (see map below for more detail)
Downloadable course map: [PDF] updated 10/7 to match GPX
10:00am Start [GPX]
- VARSITY: 4 Advanced Laps (15 miles)
- JUNIOR VARSITY: 3 Advanced Laps (11.25 miles)
- ADVANCED MIDDLE SCHOOL: 3 Advanced Laps (11.25 miles)
11:30am Start [GPX]
- NOVICE: 3 Beginner Laps (9 miles)
- MIDDLE SCHOOL: 3 Beginner Laps (9 miles)
12:30pm Start [GPX]
- UPPER ELEMENTARY: 2 Beginner Laps (6 miles)
- LOWER ELEMENTARY: 1 Beginner Lap (3 miles)
1:30pm Start [GPX]
- COACHES: 2 Beginner Laps (6 miles)
Trail maintained by Clinton River Area Mountain Biking Association (CRAMBA) cramba.org