Junior Elite Development Program
MiSCA DEVO provides athletes the opportunity, resources, guidance, and expertise to develop their mountain biking skills and performance, and prepare to compete regionally and nationally. APPLICATIONS FOR 2024 ARE OPEN NOW.
2024 MiSCA Devo Timeline:
- September / October 2023 – Applications for 2024 season accepted
- November 2023 – Selection for 2024 season
- December 2023
- Performance analysis session (remote or in-person)
- Discussion and 1:1 meeting to determine strengths and goals for mountain biking
- Strength training guidance
- January and February 2024 – Base training with focus on FTP-building
- March 2024
- Race-specific skills training (1 day, in-person)
- Discuss A,B,C races and how a year of racing stacks up
- April 2024
- Prepare to race!
- Devo race #1? (Schedule-dependent)
- May 2024
- Englewood Open MTB (Fall River, Wisconsin)
- June / July 2024
- USAC Nationals (Macguntie, PA)
- Prepare for MiSCA Season
- August 2024 – October 2024 – MiSCA Season
- November 2024 – Iceman Cometh Challenge
Every Devo rider is expected to adhere to the following expectations. Parents, please read this as well:
- Riders should own a smart trainer (e.g. a Wahoo Kickr) that can set resistance automatically by watts, measure cadence.
- Riders should own a heart-rate monitor (e.g. a Wahoo Tickr) that can interface with their smart trainer.
- Riders should own a bike computer (e.g. Garmin/Wahoo) to do their assigned workouts. Any computer that integrates with TrainingPeaks will suffice.
- Riders should commit to training a minimum of 5 hours per week Dec – Feb. During March through race season the amount of riding will increase.
- Riders must register with MiSCA as riders (the standard annual rider registration).
- Devo riders commit to ride the MiSCA race series in the fall.
- Training Peaks accounts are required for participation.
Who should apply to MiSCA Devo?
- Riders in 6th-10th grade seeking to move their racing to a regional/national level
- Riders who have decided cycling is their primary sport during the fall season
- Riders who wish to augment their MiSCA team rides with structured, scientific training
- Riders who plan to race the MiSCA race series in the fall